Careers - Job Opportunities
Volunteer Manager (Kitale Kenya)
Do you LOVE people? More importantly, do you LOVE to help people? The Abandoned Children’s Foundation International Volunteering is looking for a passionate, energetic person to sustain a multi-faceted volunteer program and help managing our Kitale Kenya orphanage.
Reporting to the program director, the volunteer coordinator holds the responsibility for recruiting, training and evaluating volunteers. S/he collaborates with the community engagement teams as well as the US based HQ to ensure that volunteers and our orphanage are operating within policy and procedures.
This position’s normal work schedule is Monday through Friday. However, since this person will be living on site (Kitale Kenya) they will be required to attend to volunteer and orphans need at any time of day.
- Works closely with the program director to identify ways volunteers can meet the needs of the organization while provide a safe and fun atmosphere
- Work with graphic designer to create effective marketing tools used in recruitment, training and thanking volunteers
- Oversee all volunteer training
- Is main point-of-contact for volunteers, and positively influencing volunteers while keeping them informed of new opportunities and showing appreciation from our organization
- Increases volunteer’s impact & total volunteer hours served
- Manages assignments of volunteers to meet the needs of our organization and increase volunteer impact
- Handles scheduling of volunteer arrivals, pick-ups, transportation, and housing
- Provides feedback for the day-to-day management and future growth of the volunteer program
- Provides guidance to organizational staff for oversight of scheduled volunteers working in Kenya
- Addresses volunteer issues as they arise, along with performance concerns, and works towards a mutually favorable outcome
- Will be point-person for future software system to track volunteer program
- One-three years experience managing a large volunteer program
- Strong commitment to the Abandoned Children’s Foundation and mission
- Energetic and enthusiastic when representing the Abandoned Children’s Foundation in the community
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and manage time, asking for help when needed
- Works effectively with people in a variety of high-stress situations
- Is organized, meets deadlines and coordinates small/large projects
- Communicates professionally and effectively with co-workers, management, volunteers and members of the public at all times, demonstrating positive customer service and an upbeat team-oriented attitude
- Supports community engagement, marketing, fundraising or community-based projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, Nonprofit Management or other relevant certification of expertise preferred. A combination of education and appropriate experience will be considered.
Fill out the following form to apply for this position