Applying and arrival
1. You will need to apply online then check your email for a confirmation email.
2. Applications are processed in the order they are received. Applicants should receive a decision within 24 – 36 hours. Many applications are processed within a few hours. It depends on the time your application is received. The ACF operates on Central Standard Time U.S.A. and applications are process between 08:00 – 20:00.
3. If approved, login to your account to secure your placement. You will have two options, pay your deposit or pay program fees in full.
4. After you have secure your placement, you will be able to download our information booklet, eVisa Guide, and program pamphlets via your volunteer profile page.
6. Finally, you will need to log into your volunteer and upload a photo. This will help us identify you upon arrival at the airport.
Do not worry. We will be with you the entire time to answer your questions. You will also be able to contact our program director in Kenya (Janet Olang) before you travel. You can talk with her to learn more about what to expect and become acquainted with her before your arrival. Usually, she will be the person to greeting you at the airport and traveling with you to Kitale.
When volunteering in Kenya, it is compulsory to take a safari. It will be fine for you to take a safari over a weekend during your time volunteering in Kenya. It is suggested to take at least a 3-day safari, because it can take a day or two of searching the Masai Mara...read more
You will need a visa to enter Kenya. This post will help you apply for a visa and understand the arrival process in Nairobi.read more
Three Benefits for People Volunteering with The Abandoned Children’s Foundation International Volunteer Program Yes, the title of this blog says, “help you!” This might sound contradictory, since you are traveling hundreds of miles to Kenya and volunteering your...read more